Monday, October 26, 2009

The skiing better be good this year...

because yesterday was the second time we've gotten snow in October. And I don't mean just flakes. When Adam was here we got 3 inches the day he arrived. Yesterday it snowed on and off all day and then we woke up to a pretty substantial dusting and 27 degree temps.

The good thing is that the mountains are blanketed in snow. Ski resorts have already opened a couple of runs and I have a feeling most resorts will be almost 100% operational by Thanksgiving.

The down side to having snow one day and 60 degree temps the next is that everyone is getting sick. Kids at school are coughing and sneezing all over the place. I'm pretty sure I had the flu the beginning of the month and Dan and I are both still fighting a cold of some sort. Fortunately, Dan hasn't had the 101 degree temp that I did.

Like I said, the skiing better be good this year!

No comments: