Saturday, September 18, 2010

Running in the Rain

That's right...there was some rain today in Boulder.  Well, perhaps I should say mist and fog.  But, it was very damp and very humid, no matter what you call it.  Good thing, too, because another fire started in Nederland, and yet another in Rocky Mountain.

Dan and I had planned to climb today, but the Flatirons were covered in fog, so decided to try a bike ride and run.  We rode 2 minutes and decided riding in the rain wasn't fun, so we headed back out to the house.

I was already suited up for a run, so I drove up to Heil Valley Ranch to run up there.  I ran about 9 miles in 2.25 hours and had a great time.  There were a few bikers out on the trail, but they were few and far between.  The trees offered good protection from the rain, so I stayed pretty dry and enjoyed taking in all the scenery.

We had a quiet afternoon and then headed down to Tim's place for a party.  It was a lot of fun and we got to see a lot of hiking buddies.  I see many more great outdoor trips in our future!

No comments: