Saturday, April 23, 2011

Triathalon Training

April in Boulder is wet. It's the only time of year it's wet, and we really need the moisture since we've had an especially dry winter. I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised when I woke up to see snow falling, but I have to admit I wasn't all that excited about it.

Snowy rain doesn't make for good riding, and it's not fantastic for running up mountains. So, Dan suggested I run to the gym, swim, and run back. I did. It was hard and on June 5th I will still have to run an additional mile and also bike 23. However, it was good to start doing back-to-back workouts ("bricks") to get ready for the race. My swim was the fastest its ever been (33:11 for a mile, or 36 laps) and the run to the gym was fun. The run back in the snow with wet hair from swimming wasn't the greatest.

After a hot shower and hot lunch, the snow stopped and the skies cleared a bit. Dan and I rode our bikes to the farmer's market and got some goodies. We also walked downtown to see all the beautiful tulips before riding back.

No comments: