Thursday, February 5, 2009

Have you heard about the bird?

The weather was amazing today so I went for a bike ride. It was warm enough to ride in a T-shirt and shorts.

Along the way I saw a woman rollerblading. She had a bird on a leash. It looked like a pigeon and was flying about 2 feet in front of her about waist-high.

Tomorrow I'm going to take my goldfish for a walk.

I biked up the big hill to NCAR and from there hiked up to Mallory Cave. A couple of huge ravens flew out of the cave as I approached. Scared the crap outta me -- bats won't start roosting there for another 2 months. I sat by the cave entrance for a while then began the hike & bike back home.

The weather should be back in the 40s this weekend so it'll be back to more typical wintery things.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

A bird on a leash and you didn't get a picture?