Sunday, March 31, 2013

Triathlon Training Week 3

This has been a big week. It certainly helped that I didn't have to work and the weather was really nice. It's also comforting that I was able to almost triple the swim and bike race distances this week (typical tri guidelines are to triple the mileage of each discipline during a week of training once you get closer to the race). It's also great that I have a lot of friends (and my hubby!) that I can ride and hike with. I rode bikes with five different people this week and hiked/snowshoed with three. If I'm actually going to do the half Ironman, I'm going to need a lot of training buddies! Next week I get to cut back as it will be the fourth week (build for three, cut back the fourth).

Swim: 5200 yds (2.95 miles)
Bike: 133 miles
Run: 9 miles
Hike/snowshoe: 11 miles (1800' vertical)

No comments: